Thursday, January 18, 2007

TAST- detached chain





I have started the next sample of stitches for Sharons challenge - Take a Stitch Tuesday - this week it is detached chain stitch! Yes the good old lazy daisy - a wonderful old fashioned stitch that has been around for eons.


I have decided to make a sampler book for all these stitches that I am revisiting and this sample here is stitched on hand made paper , backed with linen.
It was dyed with acrylic dyes and paints , then stitched. It was not the easiest thing in the world to stitch on but I like the look.
I inserted eyelets so I can bind or tie them together when is all done and dusted!
This is just the beginning of this sample - I havent quite finished it yet .
zaz ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Françoise said...

This is great!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

It is great. I was wondering how easy the paper was to stitch...now I know.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Purple Missus said...

These look really good. I love the challenge of stitching into different surfaces.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I regret to inform you have been tagged to tell 6 weird things about yourself. Does it help if I tell you I just picked blogs that I really enjoy? Check out the rules at my blog, www.kiwiknitter.blogspot.com. Good luck, Tanya

1:47 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Love that background!!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home