Wednesday, November 08, 2006

weaving and unweaving


I am in the middle of working samples for a workshop I am taking next week which includes weaving and unweaving - weaving with sacking and unlikely materials is exciting - I love the contrast bewteen the fabrics and the endeavour to create luxury within a poor material .......





and the unweaving is just fantastic ! remove the threads and insert a complete surprise in the weave - this has a lot of potential - I am hoping the students will pick it up and run with it

Zaz;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Lucky students - wish I could come and participate too. Looks like such fun. And seeing the weaving sample makes me itch to do some rag rugging with mad yarns - loose-weave fabrics have so many possibilities.... And I've got too much to do as it is! Help!!!!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Sara, I wanna come play, gorgeous

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home