Thursday, January 26, 2006

EDM 51


I did not like this challenge ;-) I do not like television and do try to avoid watching it as much as possible - we have one of those wall mounted jobbies which is less obtrusive than the black box type - but nevertheless I would dispose of it given my way ;-)

But I did the sketch - which was very challenging - and whilst I was doing it I was watching an English programme called 'Life Laundry' - its all about a lady who goes about sorting out other peoples clutter and then tidies and reorganises their homes!

I am always interesting how the connection is made between untidiness and peoples past - and how much better they feel when confronted with a tidy, clean home. I like the pshycology of the programme. I have a sister who could defoinietly do witht the 'life laundry'. :0)

Cant think much has really affected me that has been on the 'box' - possibly Erica Wilson way back in time with her embroidery programme ..................did that start me on the road to textile art? Hhhhhmmmmmm dont know!

Zaz;-)


5 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sara, Good for you for persevering with this drawing even though you don't like watching tv. It's interesting to see all the different tv set-ups out there. Yours is about as different from mine as you can get. But unfortunately I can't show you mine as I'm totally uninspired by the thought of drawing my tv. Ah well...on to the next challenge. :o)

1:56 AM  
Blogger Zaz said...

oooo Terri - I agree it was very uninspiring - bit like the tv really :0)

I just dont like to miss a week - so try to make something 'positive 'out of a duff challenge.

Like you say - on to the next!

Sara

2:28 AM  
Blogger Lin said...

You may not like TV, but your sketch is very well done!! Super job!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

I think your sketch is very interesting and you did a good job....like Life's Laundry very much...it always inspires me to throw out or give away so I wont be buried in an avalanche of things I "HAD" to have...

6:09 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Good thing you said you don't like TV because you did such a nice job on this sketch!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home