Sunday, January 22, 2006

Illustration friday - cat .....and artistic confessions


ok at last I played catch up and here is my sketch of a cat - my cat actually! His name is Trigger and is all white .......and a total pickle! Now for my confession - I did this sketch from a photo - cos he just won't sit still long enough to be drawn! And if he thinks I am sitting and watching him he comes over all purry and sweet so I have to stop!

Now one thing I would like to improve with my arty stuff this year is the quick sketch - the catching the moment type thing - I am hopeless at that and far too slow!

Still hopefully with all this practise .....................one never knows

Zaz ;-)


6 Comments:

Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Very nice job. :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

good job - your sketch is well done, that practice thing is always the tough part ;)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Hey Zaz! I love your work! Good luck with the quick sketch! I'm still trying to master that myself. I have two digital cameras that I take everywhere for a reason- no time for quick shetches!

11:28 AM  
Blogger steve said...

hey, there's nothing wrong with sketching with photos! Nice job on this one and the cats above!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is really lovely! I have to take photos of my cats quickly, for the same reasons. With so many critters in this house, if one of them thinks they're holding my attention, they seize the opportunity to monopolize me. *G*

1:42 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

What a lovely cat -- s/he looks so serene ...!

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home