Sunday, March 20, 2016

being a textile artist ..........

The opening of our exhibiton was yesterday and I duly went along only to find that my hanging 'Bird watch' - a free machine embroidered hanging - had fallen from its suspension wire and was propped up against a window! 

Very disappointing  - because it was a delicate frame to encase the embroidery and not one that was strong enough to be launched to the floor!  I rehung it and straightened out the only slighlty bent frame and then complained to the gallery.

Why is it I continually feel that textile art , embroidery , stitched work is still second class citizen?  Ho hum!

Back to work.

Open studio this Friday, saturday and sunday - I so enjoy meeting people who are interested in my work.

Zaz;0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home