Saturday, September 19, 2009

free time





With having a precious few days off from work I have been able to return to one of my passions -the art of doll making. I have made a number of dolls over the years - usually with my own sculpted heads and I so want to return to this artform - whether it is puppet making or doll making.
I love working in the 3 dimensional and this outlet allows me the freedom to experiment with hard materials such as air drying clay - and paper clay - but also to work with textiles and embroidery.

The first stage are the heads and here is the first dilema - flat faced or sculpted?




All so different ...................and so bare without adornment, clothes, bodies or hair ........................
Back to the studio tomorrow
Zaz;-)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home