Monday, September 17, 2007

Doing it by degrees

I begin the degree course today (BA (Hons.Embroidered Textiles) .........a journey into the unknown and I have no idea where it will take me ...........

exciting ...........a little daunting .........but very very interesting. Although I am not so sure about the dissertations I have to write, the studying I inevitably have to do and the reading involved ........the practical side will carry me through and maintain my passion for stitched and embroidered textiles.

My first tutorial tomorrow will enlighten me a little more as to the path I take over the next 7 years ...................

My summer sketchbook evolved into these two pieces

A little removed from my normal style but I'll go with the flow ...............

Zaz ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

My first tutorial is tonight Sara... it feels like the start of a daunting but very exciting journey. My summer project hasn't actually evolved into a resolved piece yet... well it has in my head but not for real! I like your stitched people - lovely! Good luck with the degree and stay in touch!

2:50 AM  
Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Fantastic start Sara.... clever girl!
Love the stitching you have done... they are still, defiantly Sara.... even if not 3D in outcome. Well done for keeping your integrity. Love them..... have you "named" them? Will they evolve further to become glitzy tarts? ;0)
Best wishes
Maggie

3:49 AM  
Blogger gunnelsvensson said...

Very good start Sara!
Idag träffade jag en vän till mig - Eva som gått på kurs hos dig och jag fick se en väldigt fin bild ! Hon var så nöjd med kursen! Hoppas du tar upp dina kurser igen och att jag kan komma och gå hos dig!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the first tutorial! How exciting :)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I love the way the figures have developed Sara. Onward and upward now with that degree. Hope you enjoy the tutorial.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations on your First week !
what an exciting journey.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Susan Lenz said...

Best wishes for the start of your exciting journey. Your embroidered figures have such deep expressions and show a bit of the caring hand that made them.
Susan

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home