Thursday, April 26, 2007

ageing angels






I have now finished two of my ageing angels series - one more to go before next weeks hanging. This one above is called 'does the attitude come with age?' .................. or 'attitude ' for short! She is the culmination of a number of things - first the old flour bag, remember? Old things are not neccessarily scrap heap material.
Second the love of girly colours and fluff .........does that increase with age?

The hat and long rasta plaits - is that a long term wish that can only be achieved when one is in control of self image ............and that only comes later in life (doesnt it?).

The ballet shoes and feathers ...............dreams are made of that - as well as unachieved ambitions.

and then there's the attitude .................... the arms crossed, defiant, eyes shut, not listening face.

Is this figure a reflection of me ?? No - it isnt really but I know people like it!






and here is 'the authoress' - 'the writing lady' - I think we all know someone like this - a little bit OTT - talented but has unachieved ambitions. Face depicts - deep in thought and planning the next book.

The colours are a little of date but environmentally friendly - so good enough! Arms crossed in a do not disturb statement. Pen nibs hang from her dress in readiness for the next installment..........

Her hair is unkempt but tied up in an attempt to look 'tidy'

and all my ageing angels have hairy legs .................... but then everybody has hairy legs .......dont they?

Zaz;-)

11 Comments:

Blogger FARBTUPFER said...

They are so nice, so crazy ( it´s difficult to say it in Englich).

1:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great Sara - love the purple one with attitude! Good luck with the summer school too :) Helen

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are wonderful!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Ro Bruhn said...

I've just come across your blog, love your work, the dolls are fabulous
Ro

3:04 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Oh Sara, you are wonderful I love them both. You are a real people watcher and notice everything. You are right, attitude does come with age. I had coffee with my GD and sent our coffee back because it was cold. She was so surprised at my attitude. A few years ago I would have hesitated complaining. But I felt just like your Angel with attitude(smile) We don't all have hairy legs either, mine have never been very shapely, but there's never been a single hair on them. I wouldn't mind a few hairs if only they were shapely Sara.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Beate Knappe said...

wonderful! I love this angels

4:07 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

spiritual angels!! each one special. Wonderful!!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

These are really appealing, Sara.

11:39 PM  
Blogger gunnelsvensson said...

Wonderful angels!
Lycka till med utställningen!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Trish Goodfield said...

I love these ageing angels and the thought behind them. I was also quite taken with the paper clip pins. I write a weekly craft article for a local newspaper. A couple of weeks ago I featured some blogs and I have been requested to do another column. I'm going to add yours this time. After its been published I add it to my blog. It will be added next Sunday. I'll be back

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sally Webster said...

Do like the ageing angels Sara!

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home