Sunday, March 12, 2006

in the beginning ...............


or at least second time around ............I have started some new work!

a small panel entitled 'little bird' - based on Peruvian birds , which i have worked with before ..........and love .......it is a series of four panels - Indian brass frames.

The embroidery is worked on a constructed background of sheers and the little bird is the centre piece - hand stitched..............open mouthed and singing!


It is only the beginning - more stitching needed and the background will be worked more too!

This is more of my work ...............................sort of proof that I can do what i am trained to do

Zaz:-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Digitalgran said...

It's lovely to see your work Sara. I look forward to seeing much more of it in the near future.
That Indian frame is beautiful and the colours in the work at the bottom are lovely.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Zaz said...

Thanks Mags - I bought those frames ages ago - I have 4 of them and they have sat under my work table!

I thought they fitted the little birds quite nicely.

Its been lovely to do some hand stitching again!

Sara

12:48 PM  
Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Love the little birds, Sara!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home