Saturday, February 25, 2006

more work



have been working - honest! In my up and coming exhibition - I have decided that I need some smaller , more accesible pieces to sell - so have been working on assemblage.

My own hanging figures take ages to construct and work out , so have been playing around with monatge as a way of producing thought through, but quicker art .

I love altering things that appear to have finished life - so heres the pictures of my recently produced art .

Sweet almond - here - is a deconstructed doll and an old spice tin.......................... she really fitted so well into this project , so I let her!
Fallen angel - is a sculpted head and hands with the general bits of life that hang around!

the one at the top of this is called 'energy and inspiration' small figures clockwatching - love it!

Its more affordable than my usual figures - and also provide an interesting sideline for me to the more intense sculpturingand textile figures.

Zaz;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Digitalgran said...

I love them, especially the idea of the little people clock watching. Once worked in a shop that got really quiet at times and looked at my watch every few minutes and it never moved!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Your spice girl is fantastic. Almond spice, not at all scarey rather sweet.Will there be more spice girls?
Maggie

1:27 PM  
Blogger Liz Plummer said...

I like the one with the clock as well!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home