Monday, January 28, 2019

windows

'I sat looking out of the window after my lunch'  

this is a quote from a blog I read regularly of a lady who lives far up North in the UK - and I loved this quote and the picture of her looking out of the window and mulling over the future...................

just recently I have been working on a series of work based around the Magdalene laundries - with visions of weather worn walls, delapidated  and broken windows , rusty nail heads to mark burial grounds and the troubled and sad memories of these buildings............. 

Its been a series of textile works that I have had to work through - something that meant so much without explaination  - but just something that had to be stitched.

I will post pictures of my experiments , my trials and my small and sometimes sweet textile bits.  No reason why I needed to work through it - no idea why - just something that had to be done.

Its coming to an end but I am satisfied and pleased to have worked through the mire.

zaz;0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home